Blueberry Lemon Energy Bites
Source: Dishing up the Dirt
Prep: 10 minutes or less
Serves: 12-24 Bites (1- 1 1/2 inch) depending on the size you roll them
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + additional for rolling (if you want)
1/2 cup dried blueberries
3/4 cup medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest + additional for rolling
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of fine sea salt
1. In a food processor blend cashews and shredded coconut until they become a coarse meal.
2. Add blueberries, dates, lemon zest, lemon juice (drop of Lemon Essential Oil), vanilla extract and salt. Process until the mixture forms a rough dough that can easily hold together when pinched between your fingers.
3. Taste test and add more lemon juice if necessary.
4. Roll into small balls. Roll the balls into additional coconut and lemon zest (I skipped this one cause it’s mostly for looks).
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Put half in the freezer if you want them to last even longer!!