Happy Friday! How about a little recipe sharing to kick off our weekend…
On Wednesday night I got a little bit of a wild veggie hair. Back track as it actually started on Tuesday at the grocery store. How can one stare at all of the yummy veggies and not go a little crazy buying them up?! You can’t! Or really… You shouldn’t! Needless to say we’ve been enjoying fresh fruits and veggies all week long. It’s too bad my hubs isn’t an eggplant fan, really it’s just lucky for me!
This recipe I just threw together so I apologize there aren’t any photos of the process but hey I managed to snap one of the finished product before scarfing it down. I was able to prep this along with some quinoa and sauteed zucchini for the boys while it was baking. Dinner doesn’t have to be hard!
Here’s one of the easiest recipes I’ve done in quite awhile. Hope you enjoy!
Source: this ones all me!
Yield: 12-15 slices (or more, depending on the size of your eggplant)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approx 30 minutes
1 (smaller) Eggplant
Almond flour or Italian Bread Crumbs
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
A splash of milk (optional)
Salt, Pepper and seasonings of your choice (optional)
1. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and preheat oven to 425.
2. mix almond flour and Parmesan cheese onto a plate, keep these ingredients handy as you may need to add a little more later on. (add the salt, pepper and other seasonings to this mixture if you want them)
3. beat egg and milk slightly in bowl
4. Slice your eggplant into 1/4in thick slices
5. Dip a slice into egg mixture, shake of excess, then dredge into the flour mixture & place on the prepped cookie sheet. Repeat this with every slice until sheet is full.
6. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes until coating is slightly crispy and golden brown.
7. Once it’s ready stack a few slices and top with a tomato bruschetta or your favorite pasta sauce.
One thought on “Baked Eggplant”
Going to try this one! Thank you for sharing