This recipe was super easy and can be adjusted to fit your tastes.
5 minute Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
Time: About 5 minutes
Yield: approx 8 1/2 cups
2 cups Honey Nut Chex
2 cups Wheat Chex
2 cups mini pretzel twists
1 cup honey roasted peanuts (or another nut if you’d like)
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/4 Cup light brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp light-colored corn syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
3/4 cup dried orange-flavored cranberries (add more varieties of dried fruit if you’d like)
3/4 cup candy corn
1/2-3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, add in Honey Nut Chex, Wheat chex, pretzels, peanuts, and stir to combine. Set aside
2. In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, add the butter and heat on high power to melt about 30 seconds.
3. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice, salt & stir to combine.
4. Put measuring cup back in microwave and heat on high power until mixture is boiling, about 30 seconds, but watch it closely cause it can go faster.
5. Evenly drizzle brown sugar mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
6. Place bowl in the microwave and heat on high power for 3 minutes, stopping after each minute to stir.
7. After the mix has cooled (about 5 minutes) add the cranberries, candy corn, chocolate and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Mix will keep in an airtight container at room temp for about 1 week.
Have fun with it and let me know what you think!! Happy Friday Friends!