Per the usual I’m trying out new recipes all the time. Good, Bad, Indifferent I love to share them with you. This one is a winner in our house. Lucas loves them more than any of us. He sees the Tupperware on the counter and repeats “banna bread peas” until I give in. Which I tend to and then I hide them so he forgets about them. No joke I made them yesterday morning and there are only 8 left (of 15) today I’m sure by the end of tomorrow they will vanish. But I’m not mad one bit we’ll just have to make them again next week. Luckily I have a stash of brown bananas in my freezer, it seems we never finish a bunch before they turn on the counter so I always end up putting the last one into the freezer for baking later on. So handy!! Typically I aim for the healthier recipes but you have been warned this one is full of real flour & sugar. I may try to modify in the future but it’s so delicious as is I don’t see the harm in moderation and yummy baked treats. Its extra fun when you have little hands to help in the prep process.
Banana Bread Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes or less (I had kid help)
Yield: 12-16 muffins depending on how full you fill each tin
- 5 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Cup melted butter (organic, grass-fed is my preference)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray you muffin tins or use cupcake liners to prevent sticking
- Mash bananas and then add in the melted butter
- Slowly add the sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sprinkle in Baking Soda and Salt. Mix in.
- Slowly add Flour, 1/4 Cup at a time. Mix until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool completely on a wire rack, Enjoy!
By the way, I wish I could site a source here… but I printed out the recipe so long ago and set it in my future to try pile, of course this one has nothing else on the paper, no website,nothing. Anyway, Give them a try and let me know what you think!!